About Me

I'm a teacher turned stay at home mama. I love finding things to make and do!

Followers

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Quiet Time Box

Several months ago, A was taking a very short nap, leaving me with very little down time during the day.  I'm home with her all day until about 30 minutes before bedtime (when Daddy comes home), so my down time is much needed in order to rejuvenate for the rest of our day.  After looking on some forums and talking with my sister-in-law, I decided to make a special quiet time box.

I put safe toys in this box and stored it under A's crib.  When she would wake up, I would put her on the floor in her bedroom with low light and quiet music playing, pull out the box and walk out of the room.  I only pulled this box out after naptime, and I put a baby gate in the hallway.  This way, she could wander out of her room into mine where I would be (folding laundry, reading, etc.) but not get into anything unsafe.

It really worked!  She's back to taking a good nap, but the box is still under her crib and she takes it out occasionally to play with.

No comments: