About Me

I'm a teacher turned stay at home mama. I love finding things to make and do!

Followers

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Homemade sticker pages

A is LOVING stickers and sticker books right now.  I have a bunch of foam stickers laying around, and we are usually just making foam sticker collages.  Today, I decided to trace around the stickers and have A match the stickers to the outlines.



I think we'll be doing this all day long.  The nice thing about this is that she has to do a series of steps:

-peel off the back
-put the peeled paper in a trash pile
-find the matching shape
-place the sticker in the correct spot

I don't know what we'll be doing with dozens of sticker pages around here, but it's all about the process, not the product.  We'll hang them up all over for a while since she's so proud of her work!

I also plan to make pattern strips  where she not only has to match the stickers, but then continue the pattern with no outline to help her (I'll post that when we do it!), as well as cards where she sees what is on the top and she needs to duplicate it on the bottom (we can cut them and turn them into memory cards)

No comments: