About Me

I'm a teacher turned stay at home mama. I love finding things to make and do!

Followers

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Making Salsa


A loves, I mean LOVES to help Mama in the kitchen.  She recently surprised me and wanted to try salsa.  She ended up really liking it.  I had A help me make another batch on Sunday.  I used this recipe
from I heart naptime. It tastes like the salsa you get at authentic Mexican restaurants.  
I have A stand in our Learning Tower and she carefully helps me dump the ingredients inside the food processor.  The best part was when she got to tear the cilantro leaves from the stems.  Occasionally she would put a piece in her mouth and say, "num."
I plan on making a double batch soon and canning it so we can have it on hand.  If you decide to try this recipe out, I'd recommend making it a day ahead of when you want to eat it.  It does taste much better once all the flavors have a chance to mix together.
(attempted at 19 months = success!)

No comments: