About Me

I'm a teacher turned stay at home mama. I love finding things to make and do!

Followers

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Letting her eat what she wants

Okay, so I've mentioned A is rather selective in the foods she eats.  I may not have mentioned, however, that the foods she REALLY likes are foods I wouldn't consider a selective eater to like.  

A really likes celery.  Like... a lot.  Celery is considered to be one of those foods that are a choking hazard due to all of the strings.  Here is how we got around that (for the most part.)

1.  Peel the back side of the celery stalk.

2.  Cut into smaller pieces.  Then break the celery stalk from the inside out.  Do this gently, so the strings stay attached.  Slowly pull the strings off of the back of the celery.

Here is the finished product!  Now, some strings might be sneaky and stay inside, but A has figured out how to eat around them or just put it down and choose another piece.
*I heard about peeling celery on an episode of Jon & Kate Plus 8 a while back.  Emeril Lagasse was a guest and he showed them how to do this.  I don't think it was due to the choking hazard thing...it was more due to texture I guess.

No comments: