About Me

I'm a teacher turned stay at home mama. I love finding things to make and do!

Followers

Friday, April 15, 2011

Homemade household cleaners

When A was still a baby, I wanted to use more natural cleaners in the house.  I mostly wanted to know what was in the cleaners I was using and if I saved a few bucks, it would be a bonus.  These two cleaners have stuck with me since then.
I went to Target and bought these spray bottles from the travel section.  I had clear labels and just labeled the cleaners with a permanent marker.

All Purpose Cleaner
1 cup water
20 drops lavender essential oil (I got mine at GNC for about 8 or 9 dollars--shown in picture)
Mix together and spray!
*You do need to put a little more elbow grease in when using this cleaner, but boy it smells yummy!

Glass and Window Cleaner
1 cup water
1 cup isopropyl alcohol (91%)
1 Tablespoon vinegar
Mix together and spray.
*It might remind you of a dr.'s office when using this, but it totally works!

*Linking up at the Sundae Scoop over at  I heart naptime!

2 comments:

R said...

LOL. Shockingly, I do the same. ;) My AP cleaner contains 30% vinegar, a few drops of "green" dishwashing liquid (to cut grease), then the water and essential oils. LOVE it. For all my counters and such in the kitchen.

I'll have to do the glass cleaner (with added essential oil---for scent). ;)

Mandy Jane said...

You'll have to let me know if the glass cleaner still works with the oil or if the oil will leave streaks.

Dishwashing liquid sounds like a good add-in. I might have to try it!