About Me

I'm a teacher turned stay at home mama. I love finding things to make and do!

Followers

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Freezing fruit

Another no-brainer.  We got a great deal on raspberries a few days ago, but there were too many to eat before going bad.  A used to eat these ONLY if they were frozen.  This may not be the "proper" way to freeze fruit, but it works for us.
I just lay a piece of parchment paper on a pan, lay out the fruit, put in the freezer until they are frozen and then put the frozen fruit into a baggie.  I have no idea how long the fruit lasts because it gets eaten up so quickly!  This is good to preserve sliced strawberries for smoothies too.  We also cut up grapes and freeze blueberries whole.  Frozen fruit=yummy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok, that's hilarious, I ONLY like frozen raspberries!