About Me

I'm a teacher turned stay at home mama. I love finding things to make and do!

Followers

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Happy Birthday Painting

When A was 15 months old, she painted for the first time.  We used the Crayola Beginnings Paintbrushes.  They worked just fine.  I would have liked something a bit easier for her to handle, but it worked.  We framed her first painting in our living room.


Ever since I read this blog post from Sew Liberated, I knew I wanted to have A paint on canvas.  I don't know why, but I thought I'd save it for her second birthday.  We almost forgot to do it, and I don't have any photos of her painting, but we did it and I LOVE it.

I let A choose one color at a time and I would squirt only that color on a separate piece of paper for her to dip and paint with.  Then we would move to the next color.  I did pick the colors out myself, but she chose the order and how she wanted to paint.  I held the canvas and the whole project took less than five minutes.  Now all we need to do is figure out where to display this masterpiece!

No comments: