About Me

I'm a teacher turned stay at home mama. I love finding things to make and do!

Followers

Monday, January 3, 2011

Fridge Phonics

While we were visiting family, A spotted two magnetic letters on the floor.  She immediately said, "o" and then "i".  I couldn't believe my ears.  We asked her over and over and she continued to get them correct.  We showed A her older cousin's magnetic word builder and she continued getting letters correct!  She said about six.
We decided to get her the  Fridge Phonics to practice with at home.  I put five letters in a bin (so as not to overwhelm), along with the little dog house.  I made sure that she knew three of them to keep interest.  I'll switch letters out here and there as long as she stays interested.  I like it in the bin because at least for now, when things like this are on the fridge, they just end up on the floor, not played with.


1 comment:

luke ramey said...

fridge phonics was andrew's favorite christmas present.