About Me

I'm a teacher turned stay at home mama. I love finding things to make and do!

Followers

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Go make these now.


Oh...this picture just doesn't do these peanut butter balls justice.  No, really.  They are SO good.  You know the peanut butter eggs that come around Easter time?  That's what these are.  
Now, before I give you the recipe, I must tell you, they kind of take a while to make.  I mean, you have to make a lot (I mean, a lot) of these balls out of crumbly peanut butter dough...THEN you have to cover them in melted chocolate.  I suggest having help and maybe waiting until the kiddos are in bed or out of the way to do it.  

The original recipe is
here, but I did a llittle tweaking after reading some of the reviews.  Here is the recipe I used:
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 1/2 cups peanut butter (I used the whole jar)
  • 4 cups confectioners' sugar
  •   2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon pancake syrup
  • 2 cups milk chocolate chips

Directions

  1. Combine the butter, peanut butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and maple flavoring. Cream well and knead well.
  2. Melt the chocolate chips over low heat. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls. Dip into melted chocolate chips.
  3. Refrigerate overnight (or at least for about 15 minutes) on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
Photobucket
It's a Keeper

6 comments:

Unknown said...

hahah, i like your title for this one, and since i have tried them, i can say that these are pretty great! :)

Mandy Jane said...

Welcome! Thanks for stopping by!

ARK said...

oh man...I should NOT make these....but I probably will...oh my...

Mandy Jane said...

Allenaim----DO IT!!! They are so delicious. Be prepared to freeze some or share!! It makes a big batch!

Allison @ Alli 'n Son said...

Mmmmm, I love peanut butter and chocolate!

I'd love for you to share this recipe on my linky for Sweet Tooth Friday. http://alli-n-son.com/2011/03/03/monster-cookies/

Mandy Jane said...

You got it! I'm all linked up. Happy Friday!