About Me

I'm a teacher turned stay at home mama. I love finding things to make and do!

Followers

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Valentine crafting, anyone?

If you're anything like me, you are thinking weeks and months in advance for something perfect to make for your little one.  OR, maybe you wish someone would just give you the ideas so you didn't have to go looking for them! 
I saw these adorable Valentine chair backers on an episode of Jon and Kate Plus 8 one year and LOVED them!  Pottery Barn used to sell them, but not anymore.  I searched the internet and found the perfect pattern and here it is!

I followed their non-ruffle design and put A's name on the flap between the two buttons.  I cut them out of fabric, used wonder-under and then sewed to reinforce the letters.  It's very durable and oh, so cute!  I put this on the back of A's dinner chair and stuffed it with a few goodies for Valentine's day.  I plan to make it a tradition.

2 comments:

Janice said...

Mandy, I just started subscribing to email after seeing a post linked to No Time for Flash Cards and just came across this post. I just wanted to say Thank You for posting a holiday idea in advance! I'm eager to see what else you have in store. I'm always frustrated when people/news do their holiday ideas on the holiday and then there isn't enough time to do them. By next year I'll forget! :) BTW, the post that got me interested was Tot School: New Experiences. My DD is just a year old, but I'm gathering ideas for her with hopes of doing some tot schooling with her while DS is in preschool. I loved seeing all the trays displayed. I'm very visual!

Mandy Jane said...

Thanks, Janice! It's nice to have you here! If you liked my visuals, you would really like playinghouseinmaryland.blogspot.com. I love her trays!!