About Me

I'm a teacher turned stay at home mama. I love finding things to make and do!

Followers

Friday, June 17, 2011

Bites and burns

A and I have been on vacation visiting my parents this week, which is why my posts have been brief and without photos.

While we've been here, I discovered two remedies for annoying and painful things: mosquito bites and burns.  Unfortunately, we were able to try out the burn remedy while we've been here.  My dad got a minor burn which was painful.  The trick to almost immediate pain relief was to mix baking soda with water to make a paste.  Put the paste on the burn.  Once the paste begins to dry, you do need to repeat the process, but it's worth it to have the relief!

The second remedy we have yet to try, but I'm confident we'll have the opportunity to soon.  Apparently Chloroseptic spray works well to relieve the itch from mosquito bites.   The spray also helps the redness and swelling.  I'll check back in with our findings once we've tried it ourselves!

Happy Weekend!


No comments: