About Me

I'm a teacher turned stay at home mama. I love finding things to make and do!

Followers

Friday, June 10, 2011

Instant art station/placemat

So you know how in some restaurants, usually Italian, they put white paper down for tablecloths and give you crayons to doodle with?  Um....why haven't I been doing this for A for longer?

I've talked about how A is a grazer and isn't much for eating meals at her seat.  She'd rather eat on the run or stand in her Learning Tower.

One thing she does like to do at her seat is to color.  As I was setting the table for supper the other day, I was about to move her paper from earlier and I thought, "Why?  Just leave it...then when she's bored from eating, she can still sit with the family and enjoy being with us."

So I did it.  And you know what?  She's eating a little more and sitting a little longer each time. 

The paper is from a giant pad of paper I got from Target.  Put that down using a few pieces of blue painter's tape (LOVE that stuff!) and you've got a nice placemat/instant art time!

*I'll probably cut pieces from this giant piece of paper (maybe into different shapes) and send the art to family and friends.  However, if I don't, I'll just flip the paper over and use the other side.

1 comment:

R said...

painter's tape has been added to my growing list of things that daughter needs!