About Me

I'm a teacher turned stay at home mama. I love finding things to make and do!

Followers

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Good for you cookies

We've had the stomach bug around here and it has not been fun.  Thankfully, A's Daddy (my hero) was able to work from home so I could rest and get better.  Now all we need is for sweet girl to gid rid of her "owie tummy."

My friend Rebecca made these delicious cookies and brought them to our last playdate.  No eggs, no milk, no butter.  They were soooo yummy!  They yasted like granola...and I heart yummy granola.  I told another friend about them, who promptly made a batch and ate "too many" (as if that's possible.)

Please don't take my word for it.  Go here to see photos and the original post.  The cookies are even yummier than they look!  (p.s. you can substitute whole wheat flour--or probably even all-purpose flour in place of the barley flour)

Lalo's Famous Cookies
From My Father's Daughter, by Gwyneth Paltrow
Ingredients:
4 cups barley flour
3 cups raw whole almonds crushed in a food processor (about ten 2-second pulses)
1 teaspoon fine salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup canola oil
1 cup real Vermont maple syrup
Your favorite jam (I used strawberry) 

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Combine all ingredients except for jam together in a large bowl with a wooden spoon. Form into tablespoonful balls and space them evenly on cookie sheets. Using your index finger, make an indent in each cookie. Fill each indent with a small spoonful of jam. Bake until cookies are evenly browned, about 20 minutes. Let cool before eating.

No comments: