About Me

I'm a teacher turned stay at home mama. I love finding things to make and do!

Followers

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sunscreen and summer activities

Last week I came across this blog explaining how to apply sunscreen to your child.  Sounds simple, but it's a great tip!  Visit the blog to read the original post.

Basically, you hold your child on your lap, facing away from you, and put the sunscreen on that way.  They can't pull away from you as easily.  It has worked for us. 

Speaking of sunscreen, I've done my research and we use Baby Blanket brand sunscreen due to the fact it doesn't have the chemical that typically burns eyes.  I can't find the name of the chemical (starts with an "a" if that helps)  We like the spray version of the sunscreen.

Finally, I found this great blog that has a calendar of an activity a day for preschoolers.  The activities are simple, yet fun!  Go check it out!  http://quirkymomma.com/e-books/

No comments: